SC - Borage (was Saxon Violets)

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Mon Mar 6 19:00:12 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 6 Mar 00,, that Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee wrote:

> My mother had this wonderful cookbook published in 1946 called "You Can
> Cook if You Can Read."  All 3 of her girls wanted their own, and I was
> quite happy to find a Dover reprint in 1976 called "Cooking For Absolute
> Beginners" by Muriel and Cortland Fitzsimmons (yes, she got top >
billing).

I saw a copy of that at my favorite used bookstore just this morning.  I
considered it, but instead bought "Cooking Without Recipes" by Helen
Worth.  It seemed aimed at my level -- someone who's comfortable
following recipes, but feels a little nervous without their guidance.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net