SC - history of brandy

Ian Gourdon agincort at raex.com
Mon Mar 6 21:10:34 PST 2000

From: LrdRas at aol.com

<< Too often those in charge forget the SCA does not revolve around them

<Actually it does. The denigrating of royalty to unimportance is a very
recent phenomenon in the SCA.

Well put My Lord.

I can sympathize with the original post as bad manners are always annoying.
Still, they are just as period as they are contemporary.
The way I deal with it is to think of my oath of fealty and England!

On the subject of chicory, no one seems to have brought up the War Between
the States?
Chicory was in common use then due to coffee shortages. It was readily
available, I know, due to a book actually written by an ancestor during his
trip home following the war. Also, neighbors of ours in Virginia complained
of it being akin to a weed

Different subject:

I want to make a bread using an ale or heavy beer liquid. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kathryn