SC - Carnival

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Mar 7 18:34:34 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/7/00 3:03:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, Seton1355 at aol.com
writes:

<< Why wouldn't they do this in the twentieth Century? >>

I am assuming that either a) due to the fast pace of modern life, soaking and
parboiling fell to the wayside, or b) the prevalent use of 'canned' hams by a
majority of cooks meant that they simply forgot how to cook a non-canned ham
appropriately.

I am not saying everyone has forgotten, just that presoaking and parboiling
before roasting is not done as often as it used to be. My observation was not
meant to mean that it is not done in the 21st century but merely that it is
unusual to hear of it being done.

Ras