SC - Traps?

Tue Mar 7 21:01:57 PST 2000

Greetings unto the list!

     So here I am, reading a recipe for a tart, and trying to
redact it, when I see it says, "Take a crust ynche depe in a
trap." So I say to myself, "Self, what exactly is a trap?"  I
checked out some other recipes, and noticed that they referred
to it as well..."and bake it in a trap."  Now as I am sitting
here, I'm wondering...was the trap the crust of the tart, and
does it therefor have a top on it? (Seeing as the filling would
be "trapped" inside.)  Or is it the vessel it was cooked in, as
in a dutch oven? (Where coals are put under, around and over and
the tart would be "trapped" in that.)

     So I ask you all, which is it?  The vessel, or the crust?
Or is it even something completely different than that?

     Thanks in advance!

     Yours In Service,

       Elisabeth

=====
Amy E. Sousa
 Lady Elisabeth Borden, Barony of the Bridge, EK

 ---Si hoc legere scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes---