SC - Feast Prices

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Tue Mar 7 22:46:02 PST 2000

Allison commented:
> The last thing I
> want to hear is a Royal Retainer, on the day of the event, saying "And we
> brought our own cooks!  Where would you like them to work?"   You don't
> want to hear the answer to that question.  Trust me.

Yes, but if it is a choice of finding some space for the Royal Cook or
delaying the feast for an unknown length of time between zero minutes to
well over an hour and a half for the King to finally be ready for the
feast, I bet you could find that space.

The one time that I've autocrated a big event, HRM Rowen (Yes, the time
she won the Crown by her own hand) told me to start serving the feast
at the scheduled time even if the Royalty weren't ready. That had been
my plan from the first. I didn't have to put it into operation though,
as they were ready fifteen minutes early.

Oh yes, for those talking about event sizes. This was an indoor event
(Candlemas) and we seated 355 or so and fed 320.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net