Fwd: Re: SC - RE: Ale bread

Kathy and David Johnson mohawk5 at itis.com
Wed Mar 8 19:10:54 PST 2000

'Lainie asked:

"And is anyone giving up something for Lent? I'd say I'm giving up
caviar, or wild living, but I've been told that it has to be something I
actually do/eat/whatever, and that it really has to be a sacrifice. I
haven't come up with anything yet..."

You could always do what my Dad keeps saying he is going to do and give up
breathing! After all, it would be a sacrifice!!
(He never has made it all the way to Easter)
I gave up candy and my next-cubicle neighbor brought a whole stack of candy
bars to sell on behalf of his kids' day care this morning! One year I gave
up reading fiction. That hurt! I almost didn't make it!! And what an orgy
afterward!

Kathryn