SC - Traps?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Mar 8 22:51:42 PST 2000

"James F. Johnson" wrote:

> "Laura C. Minnick" wrote:
>
> > Illuminations and pen drawings show round pies (though they seem to be
> > quite large!) and the occasional square one. And there's also an ivory
> > carving that show a guy with something in his hand that looks for all
> > the world like a Hostess Fruit Pie...
>
> Well, I'll have the advantage of seeing them in a few days [;-)], but
> for the sake of those not in attendance.....
>
> Are the sides of the pie straight up, or sloping like modern pie tins?
> Are they in a container, or is it just the pastry?

I'll get you for this, sweetheart.

*AHEM* Running off of memory- and not certain if the illuminations are
In The Basement or in the UO Library...

IIRC, the sides are pretty well straight up or at only a slight slope.
And I don't remember seeing any pans. However, this does not mean that
they didn't have them, as it would be easy to used a fairly stiff
pastry, and then remove the pie from the pan. Do it all the time for
potpies.

'Lainie