SC - Re: Verjus

DeeWolff@aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Thu Mar 9 11:52:42 PST 2000

> Much later than that. I think I was among the first to do the
> "one-fee-for-everyone"
> thing. This started with Black Oak Keep for me. We felt that we charged a
> decent
> site fee and threw in feast as a hospitality gesture. You could eat or
> not.
> This
> was also a response to the spate we had a few years ago of people eating
> feast
> but
> not paying for it. This way everyone was covered.
>
> I know it was done earlier but I have always done it this way.

I did it with the pirate events I ran about 12 to 15 years ago.  There was
concern we wouldn't recoup expenses with such an event, so I fronted the
money.  We made about $150 profit on each event.

While I avoided the problem of people eating and not paying, I had some of
the same people ducking the site fee.

> > I've done feasts both ways and I much prefer seperate budgeting and
> fees.
>
> For a budgeting standpoint I agree. And even for someone who limits their
> feasts to a certain number. But I like to feed everyone who shows up.
> Although
> events are getting so big that I will probably limit my feasts to only a
> few
> hundred.

Outside of Rock Creek, I've never had a kitchen big enough to handle feeding
everyone who showed up.  Most of the Namron events have high attendence.  As
it happens, Rock Creek was the site where I lost four ovens inside of two
hours and nearly lost the feast.

> > Bear
>
> Yers,
>
> Gunthar
>
> (Ah, remember those nifty Black Oak Keep feasts under the stars?)

Under the stars?  You mean you don't want them to see what they're eating?

Bear