SC - Verjus

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 9 13:21:08 PST 2000

I understand what HE says about including the hospitality.  However, when the fees are in double-digits, the site-only option is much more attractive to those who cannot eat feast.  I suppose there is the fear that too many people would buy site-only and crash the feast, but you can make it available only to those who inquire and have a good reason not to eat feast.

I also get twitchy at the assumption that the entire hall will be fed, as I know both cooks and halls whose abilities are exceeded by a full hall.  (And I speak as someone who lived, autocratted, and cooked in a group that offered events with no site or feast fee, cooking on two standard stoves, and feeding a couple hundred each time, but that's for my resume.)

>>> Please do come on down and visit us.  We've got several
>>> really great events coming up and a couple of them are:

Love to -- AFTER May.  Unfortunately, April is pretty well booked; both those weekends have business meetings.  Contrade especially sounds like fun!  And I'm working at our local Highland Games the weekend of Mid-Summer Faire....I'll keep looking.....

(For a non-fighter non-consort like me, I have to confess that Crown Tournies are terminally boring and usually avoided unless there is something important happening, like a friend's knighting, or friends are hosting and I can work in the kitchen.)

As an aside, the bundling of feast and site fee may be many things, but it is not illegal.  My background includes enough of the law in this area to explain why, but I'm sure we have better things to discuss.

                           ---= Morgan