SC - Corwyn Steps Down

Ann & Les Shelton sheltons at conterra.com
Fri Mar 10 05:50:13 PST 2000

I have rarely seen events with the feast included. Personally, I won't cook
a feast under those conditions. There is no way to gauge how much food to
buy (Are you buying to feed 200 and only 50 show up? that is a loss of
money. And there is the other side to the coin... buy for 100 and 300 show
up!).

Most events here in Bryn Gwlad the feast is separate.  I can think of one
Candlemas, the feast was included (it was a side board that was served all
afternoon).  It was an interesting experiment. I still prefer just doing a
feast.

As for feast menus.  I try to have a variety. This last feast I did only one
dish contained pork.  The other meat dishes were chicken and fish.  The
vegetable dishes were kept vegetarian.

One suggestion on helping newer cooks plan a feast... assign them a mentor.
The mentor can help guide the new cook to make better choices... reviewing
the menu, assisting with budget planning, etc.  We've done that here in Bryn
Gwlad and it has worked.

Meadhbh