SC - The Kitchen article

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Fri Mar 10 08:20:35 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/10/00 8:44:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, ChannonM at aol.com
writes:

<< A few years ago, I made verjuis from crab apples. >>

I also use crab apples for the making of verjuis. I do however, put the juice
in a carboy and let it ferment until it stops, then can it in a pressure
canner for 10 minutes @ 10 LB pressure. I have had verjuis made this way last
up to 4 years without a problem. Maybe it might last longer but I have never
had any that remained unused beyond that time.

The sediment, although aesthetically displeasing to those who are used to
modern filtered ultra refined wines and juices, is completely harmless.

Stefan may have what I have previously shared about crab apple verjuis in his
Flore-thingy.

Ras