SC - RE: SC Verjus

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Mar 10 10:47:44 PST 2000

>They probably have different oils or acids.  They don't trigger my pepper
>allergy if I eat very little of them.  Anybody have a chemical breakdown
>of spices?

Nope, but I can state that cubebs are like pepper without the heat and
leaves a kind of nutmegish taste (I use them a lot in my home cooking)
Grains of Paradise have a nuttier flavor to them that I like a lot as well
but my experimental stock of these ran out in December.  I'm nopt sure if
they are in the same family as the black peppercorn (or white or green,
they're the same thing) or the pink peppercorn.  I also wouldn't say that
they're not interchangable with pepper in all cases either.

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation,
shire of Abhainn Ciach Ghlaiss

"Let me say Pepsi Generation,
a few lines of misinformation.
Watch your money flow away oh so quick.
To kill yourself properly Coke is it....."

     "White Slavery" -- Type O Negative