SC - interesting e-bay item

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Mar 10 20:19:23 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/10/2000 9:43:35 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
LrdRas at aol.com writes:

<<
 OTOH, not all fish roes are edible and, IIRC, a few species may be
poisonous.
 Did you check to see if porgy roe was edible first? As a side note, bluegill
 roe is particularly tasty as I bullhead roe. Soak, saute in butter and then
 mix with scrambled eggs for a tasty breakfast or brunch dish.

An especially good roe is fresh water carp.  We salt the roe in the membrane,
and dredge it in a mixture of half plain flour and half plain yellow corn
meal, then deep fry it in very hot lard........yum!

Mordonna the Cook,
SunDragon's Western Reaches
Atenveldt
(m.k.a. Buckeye, AZ)