SC - gingerbrede recipes please???

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Mar 11 00:21:39 PST 2000

Aoife comments:
>>>Adamantius could probably give us a good exposition on the make-up of a
good, hard crust, if he was feeling so inclined on this nice spring day. I
go for hot-water crust myself, made with real butter. Butter always hardens
well for me, and is much harder than most other fats are when cold IMO. I
usually need the use of a collar to restrain the sides of the pie while
baking.<<<

Perhaps this article in the FOOD section of the Florilegium might be of
interest:
Period-Pies-art   (33K)  9/29/97    "Raising a Coffin or the Fine Art of Making
                                       Period Pies." by Lady Aoife Finn.

Hmm. Oops. Well, I guess Aoife is rather familar with this article. Well,
I'm sending this out anyway in case others out there might be interested
in reading it.

An article on a similar subject is this one:
To_Mke_A_Tart-art (20K) 11/30/93    Article on medieval recipes using a cheese-
                                      onion tart as an example.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net