SC - Not Killing yourself in the Kitchen

WOLFMOMSCA@aol.com WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com
Sat Mar 11 06:17:53 PST 2000

Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/10/2000 9:40:45 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
> troy at asan.com writes:
>
> << e original product has little enough
>  fermentable sugar, and enough acid in it already, that there's no real
>  risk of producing an alcoholic product. At least to no significant extent.
>   >>

> Not necessarily true.  Crabapples probably have almost as much sugar per
> pound as any apple, just as grapefruit has as many fruit sugars as any citrus
> fruit, according to my Diabetes charts.

That's possible. I was speaking rather speculatively. I've never known
crabapple juice to ferment into an alcoholic product, let's say. It
should be easily tested, though, with some fairly simple equipment.

By "fruit sugars" are you referring to simple, 6-carbon sugars, that'll
easily ferment?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy