SC - What is Grains of Paradise

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sat Mar 11 06:33:31 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/1/00 2:33:39 AM Eastern Standard Time, mermayde at juno.com
writes:

<<  This may work if it is your usual fare, but doing that to yourself
 during a weekend of steady, heavy work is a sure-fire method to acheive
 feastcrat burnout.  Not that everyone hasn't had their share of disasters
 that had to be dealt with on the spot, but a little pre-planning (ok, a
 LOT of pre-planning) goes a long way toward allowing breathing time,
 several PLAN B's, and sometimes even a nap! (not often, but it CAN
 happen!)
    After all, how will we convince new people to cook feasts if all they
 see are harried, bleary-eyed, and exhausted cooks?
 Christianna
 who's pre-planning leans a great deal toward total delegation, these days
 ;)
 ______________ >>
Mistress C:

Among the cook-ly types I hang with, we have a little tradition.  When one of
us is the Kitchener for an event, the rest of us are Dobermans.  The one
who's on the line for the event is physically removed (and with some of our
over-achievers, physically can mean picked up and carried out) from the
kitchen for at least one half-hour at mid-day and taken someplace quiet where
they can have a real lunch served to them.  This has been extremely helpful
to all of us, since cooks have a tendency to forget about themselves when
they're hard at it in the kitchen.

Walk in peace,
Wolfmom