SC - Book Inquery

allilyn@juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Sat Mar 11 11:16:17 PST 2000

> Interesting. Where do you find the unripened grapes to buy? At your
> grocery? I really wouldn't expect there to be much demand for unripen
> grapes mundanely, so I wouldn't expect them to be available. Unknowing
> customers who buy such expecting eating grapes would probably not be
> happy and take it out on the store.

The best place I have found to purchase these grapes Stef, is through a
grape importer. I am not too sure if you can get these at the typical local
"brew your own" type businesses but more at a real grape importer. I live in
a city of only 1 million or so souls - 3rd largest city in Cda I believe)
and we have several here. These would be the "real mccoy" kind of dealer and
unless I am mistaken can *usually* be found in the Italian commercial area's
of your city.

As well, I have friends that grow grapes and are not adverse to "hacking
off" a couple of pounds for me before they ripen. This, though, will only
produce a little. If you want quantity go to the dealers.

You need to ask them reeeeaaallllly nicely if they could sell you these the
minute they come in. After they stop giving you the "should I call the
rubberroom people" look you just might want to explain why you want them. I
played with the truth a little saying that I was making a medieval Italian
vinegar and have been puirchasing from them for 2 years now. It also helped
that I buy my grapes from them to make wine as well..

> How do you process the grapes into verjuice? Any particular type of
> grapes?

I have a reciept somewhere (actually I think I got it from your
flori-thingy) and if done properly (my first batch only produced  a home for
some amazing fruit fly collections) but I was okay from that point on. I
will post it as soon as I can get my ass to the kitchen and find it.

Hopefully all this makes sense. I just got out of surgery yesterday, have no
spell check at the moment, am buzzed on some weird drug called Imovane and
am learning how to use my BRAND NEW IBM Aptiva that I was gifted with on
Wednesday. My apologies for spelling erroors or nonsense.

Caylee