SC - importing wine was Re: aqua vitae

Helen helen at directlink.net
Sun Mar 12 14:20:30 PST 2000

>>occasion certainly could use a good (insert your favorite here)
subtlety.
Don't you think the populace as a whole would be educated by seeing a
well
produced subtlety?  <<

One of the ways we get around that in AEthelmearc is for some of the
really good subteltie makers to donate a subtletie.  At last fall crown,
L. Myfanwy made a Black Swan, complete with nestling babies, for Queen
Maurya Sableswan, and it was gorgeous!  Everybody went up to photograph
it, and it definately added to the feast.
One of my household members brought me flowers-nasturiums-from her garden
so that the High Table could have a special presentation of food
everybody was eating.

L. Rowan Ashbrooke also makes gorgeous subtelties, and donates them to
High Table.  No unauthorized money is spent, special goodies are
available, and all is both legal and more authentic.

It's also becoming custom for a person or household to provide the
Royalty Room goodies.  These don't come out of the feast budget, although
lunch does.  The Royals here do not pay the feast fee.  If that seems
elitist, consider that it is a Good Thing for the Royals to get to as
many events as possible--very good for the populace..  It might not be a
Good Thing if entry into Crown Tourney became restricted to only those
who had a high income and lots of savings.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com