SC - verjus

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Sun Mar 12 21:20:38 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/12/00 10:36:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mermayde at juno.com writes:

<< So, the obvious answer being, post your list and don't deviate from it,
 but still, how concerned should we be/are we about the possible legal
 ramifications of this action?   >>

I'm not the least bit concerned. I post my ingredients list at the Troll and
outside the kitchen. I don't add ingredients at the last minute and any
substitutes (which has never happened) would be added by hand to the posted
lists and the original ingredient crossed off.

Not requiring the cooks to have both recipes available for study and
ingredients lists posted and kept updated with any changes is a disservice to
the feast participants and ultimately encourages deception on the part of the
cooks. Neither scenario is a pleasant one.

I specifically remember a discussion about the posting requirements on this
list last spring when I was working on the feast I was planning at that time.
Unfortunately, I do not have the time to dig through the archives to find out
where we got the idea that this was a requirement. I do recall that it was
stated numerous times that it was required.  Maybe someone might have kept
those posts or, hopefully, Stefan might have put them in his Flore-thingy.

My opinion.

Ras