SC - Site Tokens (was Feast Fees in Ansteorra)

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Tue Mar 14 06:27:45 PST 2000

has onyone seen any evidence of brining meats (not pickling or marinating)
before cooking in period? It's just a technique I've been experimenting with
as of late that works well with old tom turkeys and tougher cuts of meat
where you soak the meat in a decently strong salt/sugar solution overnight
(not a technique that I recommend if you are salt/sugar sensitive) and then
roast the meat the next day.  I also brine turkeys sometimes when they won't
entirely thawed by the time I want to cook them.

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG
Shire of Abhainn Ciach Ghlaiss

"She thinks I'm iron man that I don't feel pain
I don't understand why joy must be vain
I'm so fortunate but filled with self hate
But the mirror shows the alien race"

     "World Coming Down" -- Type O Negative