SC - Reuses for leftover hamburger

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Mar 14 19:35:09 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/14/00 11:57:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
betpulib at ptdprolog.net writes:

<< Feast tokens are usually simple. Some are small cast tokens on a string
 (making it a $20.00 proposition for small tokens if labor is donated) >>

Abhainn Ciach Ghlais also has small cast tokens now thanks to THL Thorstein
that we have used at Will's Revenge. Last year it was the shire's device (a
blue heron) drawing a bow inclosed in a circle. I don't know what they will
be this year but I agree that your shire and many around us also have nice
tokens for event goers and many of them have been 'collectors' pieces. The
cost is minimal to nothing and both our shires have the talent and the
willingness of a base of settled members to donate time and labor to the
'cause'. IMO, tokens are a good thing. If I am doing the feast and you really
can't afford the feast just show up at the back door. Begging was an
honorable profession throughout most of the period. :-)

Ras