SC - idea request

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 15 04:58:16 PST 2000

> Ahem!  Although I dwell in a barony whose unofficial cheer is "Let them
> eat mud!" (and on Saturday we celebrate Mudthaw)... and I have on
> many occasions eaten crow, I feel that I must draw the line at worms.
> Besides, I'm pretty sure that, errr... I gave up cuskynoles for Lent.
> (Well, my *persona* is Catholic, after all.)

Duke Andrew was telling me about a not-very-period, not-very-subtlety they
used to serve at feasts in the early days called "Mud and Worms". It seems
that you take a chocolate mouse, and mix in chocolate cookie crumbs and some
gummi worms, and serve it forth. You might find it something fun to do
privately, for your chocolate loving friends.....

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous