SC - Okay, this is not good!

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 10:37:24 PST 2000

I wonder if you could search out any of those lovely custard-y desserts,
localizeded to that time period. Lemon curd springs to mind, but not in
association with Platina. Another option is to use them at another meal
(lunch or breakfast, how about poor knioghts of windsor, or payne perdu, or
"golden toasts, all of which mich be yummy with extra yolks and not too
expesive to "add on"). You could use them in a salad, cooked, or as part of
a soteltie (faux gilding, you see).

HTH

Aoife

gaylin wrote:

So I'm sitting here looking at the plans for the Midrealm
Coronation feast and it suddenly occurs to me that I have
an eensy problem. I have these two pies I'm cooking for
the feast. They use egg whites. For one dish alone, I'll
have used 152 egg whites to be exact. 152.  From only
one of the dishes. A bit less from the other pie. Wow.

Now, by definition, 152+ egg whites are usually attached
to at least 152+ egg yolks (sometimes more, depending
on the vagaries of chicken genetics and the like, but
we don't really need to argue that right now). So my
question is this...

What the heck do I do with all the extra egg yolks?

I'm working almost exclusively from Platina. I'm trying
really hard to keep the feast in balance from what I know
about dishes to be served at which time during the feast
based on Platina's recommendations and what he says
and what I know about the humours.