SC - ????

David, Tracy tdavid at Exchange.FULLERTON.EDU
Wed Mar 15 13:59:37 PST 2000

To tell the truth, I do not enter them because I feel that my work is just
not up to the  level that the judges are looking for.  Why waste their time?
I enjoy looking at the entries and when they are set up so the populace can
vote, I am there to share my 2 cents worth.

And as for the "why waste their time" comment above... I still produce.  And
I enjoy what I do.  I've SCA for over 25 years now and (for me) it is still
fun.  Which is one of the things I want out of a hobby (among other things).

Rayne

And just in case anyone is wondering about the Laurel's Prize thingy I
entered...  I appreciated everything and every Laurel that participated.  It
was a wonderful experience that happened four or five years ago at Estrella
and I took everything back with me.  I shared the Hershey kisses with those I
loved, pressed the flowers in a book, and the marbles live in a crystal bowl
in my guest room (just waiting for someone to ask about them or for the
grandchildren to play with them).  As for the "kind words," they can actually
sustain you when negative ones come.

Which reminds me: My father (in addition to tipping) always made it a point
to "grab" the manager of a restaurant to tell him personally of any
wait-staff that was really good.  It was his belief that sometimes customers
are jerks and the day may come when a jerk complaints to the manager about a
waiter/ess and if all the manager has to go one is negative comments the
person may get fired.  At least if that day comes the manager can think..
"hmmmm, someone thought he/she was good enough to pull me aside and tell me
personally."

In a message dated 3/15/00 1:23:46 PM Central Standard Time,