SC - Sca-cooks Pennsic Dinner

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 15 21:28:19 PST 2000

Susan P Laing wrote:

> Lam-ing-ton
>
> (pronounciation hint - as in "taking it on the lam...")
>
> And now for the advanced class -  try the following word -
>
> "UTE"  (as in two-door vehicle with carry tray)

Presumably this is homophonic with a Brooklyn pronunciation of a word
meaning, "an immature (usually male) human": yout' .

> Mari
> (who knows the proper pronounciation of "Aluminium" but prefers our version.....
> :-p)

Hey, I have no problem at all with that pronunciation. Perfectly
correct, phonetically. Is there some reason why you folks insist on
misspelling it, though?

Adamanti-ius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy