SC - Re: Competition Entry

alysk@ix.netcom.com alysk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 16 02:54:47 PST 2000

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> Phlip wrote:
> >Duke Andrew was telling me about a not-very-period, not-very-subtlety they
> >used to serve at feasts in the early days called "Mud and Worms". It seems
> >that you take a chocolate mouse, and mix in chocolate cookie crumbs and some
> >gummi worms, and serve it forth. You might find it something fun to do
> >privately, for your chocolate loving friends.....
>
> Of course, it's your choice, mouse or moose, especially if Lord Ras
> is making it...
>
> Me, i prefer mousse. If i don't like the flavor i can just put it on
> my hair, or is that just one of those, "oh, that's so '80's!" sorts
> of things?
>
> Anahita
> live in LA and had spiked purple hair in the 80's

But it _is_ 80's- it was one of the things served at a wedding shower my
aunt threw for me in spring of '83. She called it 'Dirt', and there was
the crunchy chow mein noodles for worms, and little bits of licorice for
pillbugs.

But even worse- at a party a girlfriend of mine threw in '84 (I had
Annie but we were still in Tacoma) she made a not-so-subtlety called a
'Catbox'- a brand-new litterbox, filled with Grape Nuts, with
chocolate-covered peanuts and raisins, Tootsie Rolls, and Baby Ruth
stirred into the cereal. A couple of women were so grossed out they left
the room.

'Lainie
- -My hair then required mousse, hotrollers, and 'scrunching'. Occasional
perms. Now? Tint it to cover the white, wash it, finger comb it, let it
go. Curling iron if I'm going to an interview.