SC - Worms, eh?

Dan Cushenan Cameron dcushenan at bfree.on.ca
Thu Mar 16 12:35:16 PST 2000

    I was going to hold my wedding at the medieval faire that our group used
to host (before being forbidden to do so by the Crown) in Ft. Myers last
october, but we got hurricaned out (the hurricane was forecast to pass
directly over us). We were digging postholes for the jousting field when the
rangers came up, told us that the County Commissioners had cancelled
EVERYTHING, and we should pack up and head for high ground right NOW! I live
on a barrier island, 4' above sea level, and that sounded like a plan to me
. . .
    The hurricane took an eastward turn before it got to us, (beat up Miami
and Ft. Lauderdale instead) and the weather that weekend was wonderful. Had
the Commissioners not chickened out, everything would have been spectacular.
We wound up holding the wedding at a friends house instead, and while it
wasn't what we expected, the affair was a success in spite of it all. Wound
up having to cook my own wedding feast, though.
    The fair, BTW, was rescheduled for january, and was a resounding success
in spite of it all.

    Sieggy

> > Myself, I scheduled my wedding during the Ohio State Michigan game.
Would
> > you believe that people choose to go to the Game instead of my wedding.
Or