SC - Pomegranate sauce

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Thu Mar 16 17:00:52 PST 2000

Ras Wrote:

>I think many have misinterpreted Lady Seaton's project. The project is
>entirely personal and has nothing to do with feasts at all. She and a few of
>her friends have some severe medical problems and she is trying to devise a
>means whereby they might enjoy together the 'spirit' of the feast. At no time
>did she or I mention that her project was destined for the feast hall. That
>is an assumption that many here have taken but it is entirely inaccurate.
>
>Ras

And that is what the SCA is all about.  Just because food allergy means
that one person can't enjoy the feast, doesn't mean to say they can't
attend or eat something similar.  I say good luck on her endeavour.  I
believe in inculding all who want to be a part of the dream, but I believe
that it is unreasonable for one person to claim a right to demand that a
feast be changed just beacuse they are allergic to something.  If they are
allergic to something, it is their responisbility to avoid that substance.
They can tell the Feast Steward of the fact that they are allergic to
something and usually they will bend over backward to provide something
they can eat.  It is not reasonable to provide this information when you
arrive at an event, ideally the Steward should be told when the booking for
the event is made.  Those who don't tell can't expect to be catered for.
As to the comment Lady Gwynydd of Culloden made about nit-picking spoiling
the fun, indeed people nit-picking at the feast, out loud and being
obnoxious in their nit-picking can spoil the fun, but on a forum like this,
nit-picking is the way we learn to improve our techniques and make the even
more 'fun' for everyone else.  I learn a whole lot more when people
nit-pick here, than when people are all in agreement.  At least we don't do
it an event.

Just my 2c worth,
- -Katerine (running headlong for the safetly and comfort of The Rock and her
ovens)