SC - Re: SC Types of Kitchens

allilyn@juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Thu Mar 16 19:28:03 PST 2000

This happens all the time overhere now - esp. with MacDonald's
(with the suitable local voice dubbings to make it look like the ads are new &
local)

Mari
(who discovered this from watching episodes of B5 that were taped from TNT and
shipped over - one other question. What the Heck is "Rogan for Men" and why the
mystery???)

Oh - and Master A - The Oxford dictionary lists two spellings of Aluminium -
ours & yours :-p (okay yes - it's one of your countries inventions but these
things just sorta happen...  sort of like the town of "Wagga wagga" is actually
pronounced "Wogga wogga" and "Brisbane" is pronounced "Brisbine". Maybe the
differences between Oz & Brooklyn-ese aren't that varied - it's just the rest of
the world that talks strange.... casually strolling towards largish rock with
Lamingtons; pavlova & the keys to the ute...)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 17:50:29 -0800 (PST)
From: Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com>

I was in Australia when these ads came out.  If I
remember correctly, they were exactly alike.  I asked
one of my friends who is an automobile designer about
this and he said that Holden and General Motors had
some sort of business agreement and because of that
the same ads were used, but Ozziefied to make them
more acceptable to Ozzie audiences.

Huette