SC - Evolution of food-genetics of food

Rachel Holliday rachel at witchwood.prestel.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 02:12:14 PST 2000

In a message dated 03/16/2000 5:01:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
RichSCA at aol.com writes:

> How many Peers (in the sound of my keyboard clicking) had Vigils (and why)
>  and of those that did not have Vigils (or were surprised) do you now feel
> you may have missed something because you did not have a Vigil.

I didn't have a vigil when I was elevated to the Pelican because back then,
only knights had vigils. (At least in the kingdom I lived it...you mileage
may vary.) My elevation was also a surprise to me. A number of gentles were
called into court without mention of their titles and I was one of them. Once
all had assembled, Their Majesties announced their intention.

I didn't feel as though I had missed anything for two reasons. First: it
wasn't common practice, and second: so many of the people I knew and learned
from were already peers that my life in the SCA was one ongoing vigil. They
constantly taught me things and gave advice that I took to heart and still
use today. That was 13 years ago come the 4th of April.

In Service,

Meghan