SC - Reuses for leftover worms

Gwynydd of Culloden Gwynydd_of_Culloden at freemail.com.au
Fri Mar 17 05:57:21 PST 2000

RichSCA at aol.com wrote:

> Are you "sure" you hadn't gotten lost and ended up in an LDS (Mormon)
> Church...  :-)
> (I didn't see you there, but maybe...)  'cause that is what we do to babies
> (don't necessarily call it a "christening" though) and we have Bishops
> (instead of ministers in charge of our congregations).  Just wondering.

Yeah, I'm sure. I even checked with my lady wife, who checked with the
child's parents. If it was a hallucination, it was mass hallucination.
Now what I'm not certain of is how mainstream this nominally Baptist
Church was, with its Bishop, etc. I gather this is not common among the
larger Baptist congregations. One of the images burned forever in my
memory is the sight of a sign above a storefront church in Brooklyn as
we used to pass it on the elevated "J" train, when I was a kid. It read,
"The Glorious Church of the Pentecostal Holiness of God in Jesus Christ,
Incorporated, Bishop W.L. Peebles, Pastor". That was not identified as a
Baptist Church, but the church that held the christening in question
reminded me of that experience, for all that it _was_ identified as a
Baptist Church.

> Rayne
> (Personal Family joke:  What do you get when you cross a Catholic father with
> a Baptist mother?    Answer:  Rayne - who in her mass confusion (or confusion
> about masses) ends up Mormon.   Come to think of it... the family didn't it
> was too funny, either   :-D

I think it's pretty funny! At least you know it was true love!

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com