SC - HELP!!!Online Translator from old German to New

Richard Keith keith.78 at osu.edu
Fri Mar 17 06:31:04 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/17/00 7:08:49 AM Eastern Standard Time, ChannonM at aol.com
writes:

<<
 << COOL!  Where can I learn to do this?  That sounds like fun.  I have
Bronze
  eagle that I cast when I took Metal Shop in high school (I've always had
  many varied interests!) but haven't really done anything with any sort of
  metal since then.  I'm afraid it's been more years than I care to admit
  since I took that class!  I suspect our Shire would be delighted to have
  someone (or a team of someones?) who would make really nice tokens for
  local events though...  That would be neat!

 I have a pamplet on Stone Casting, written by Dame Elizabeth Cadfan of
 Ealdomere. If you send me your snail mail address, I'll mail it to you.

 Hauviette

    There is also TONS of info on this topic in Stefan's Florilegium! A lot
of it is taken from the Rialto, where I got my first info on soapstone
casting years back. There are some excellent individual articles on this
there, too. And if for some reason you can't get to that, I could toss you
the file of my class notes that I've used when teaching this. It's not nearly
as good as some of the articles in the Florilegium, since I lost the better
version in a hard drive crash, but.............. *shrug*
    It *is* best, of course, to learn this one-on-one. I learned it
completely from online sources, but then I have a background in jewelry work,
so a lot of the basic ideas were familiar territory. But check around your
area and see if perhaps there are some folks who do this and would be willing
to teach you. Maybe check with your kingdom's A&S minister, they might at
least know who to ask!  :-)

            Ldy Diana