SC - Evolution of food-genetics of food

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Fri Mar 17 08:16:35 PST 2000

For all that wish to read it here is a bit of Irish humor pertaining to St.
Patrick.  Now be forwarded I didn't make it up I just heard it from another
fellow.   But I must say that after working for some Englishmen for a couple
of years a while back I figure it just might be true.  Yes indeed I do.

As the subject of dear old St. Pat has come up does anyone know the full
story of the blessed saint and the serpents?  Yes, yes, everyone knows how
he lifted up his shilalee and drove the nasty little fellows into the Irish
Sea.  Yes indeed that's the part of the story everyone knows but what then
became of the little darlings?   Well.... an old Irishman told me THE REST
OF THE STORY.  It seems that after they swam and they swam and they swam
some more they arrived at an other island, though not as green or as
beautiful as the blessed Emerald Isle.   They slithered out upon this new
land thus baptised the first... well you can fill in the rest of the story
all by yourselves now can't you lads.

Daniel Raoul le Vascon de Navarre called many thing by many people in many
places but by the English in particular, Leadenpenny.

And an old Irishman said to me, "Danny me lad, I don't know if the Good
Lord's an Englishman but I'm damned sure about the Devil."