SC - Saxon Violets Again!

StellrChef@aol.com StellrChef at aol.com
Fri Mar 17 09:22:42 PST 2000

At 03:23 AM 3/17/00 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 03/16/2000 5:01:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>RichSCA at aol.com writes:
>
>> How many Peers (in the sound of my keyboard clicking) had Vigils (and why)
>>  and of those that did not have Vigils (or were surprised) do you now feel
>> you may have missed something because you did not have a Vigil.
>

>I didn't have a vigil when I was elevated to the Pelican because back then,
>only knights had vigils. (At least in the kingdom I lived it...you mileage
>may vary.)

Ditto here.  Back in AS XX and XXII when I got my Pelican and Laurel, only
the Chivalry held vigils which were generally loud, drunken parties.

Here, being the West Kingdom, vigils now seem to come in a variety of
flavors:  you have your vanilla flavor where only that peerage is invited;
the Neapolitan flavor where all three orders are invited (I guess it could
be a Neapolitan plus one since the royal peers are also invited) and then
there's the tutti fruit flavor where it's open to all.

The ones I've been at were generally lots of pontificating about the nature
of peerage.  I could insert several snarky comments at this point, but
let's just leave it that those who talk the talk the most, may not walk the
walk.

Ceridwen MacAoudhegain/Keegan old, burnt out Pelican, Laurel and Viscountess