SC - Ice Dragon entry

Adler, Chris Chris.Adler at westgroup.com
Fri Mar 17 10:15:43 PST 2000

Regards tokens I had an idea regarding tokens for large multi-kingdom events
such as Pennsic, Gulf War etc.  It came to me many years ago at Pennsic as I
was setting up a photo portrait of some folks after the main field battle.
I had a tripod as big as I am and almost as heavy with a large medium format
camera on it.   I'm in garb and so are all the people I'm photographing,
hell they were in armor, and that bearded blue shirt of a Cooper rushs up
and demands to see our tokens RIGHT NOW.

After I calmed down later I thought if they are so afraid of people sneaking
in why not make it so people want, really want, to get their metal tokens.
What I suggested then and am suggesting now is to create a small number of
tokens for such events in silver without a number stamp.  Once a day during
the event a drawing is held.  The lucky winner of the day trades in his/her
token and gets a silver token in its place with his/her number stamped on
it.  While this will not stop all gate crashers at such very large events it
just might help.  Does anyone think this will help if well advertised?

Daniel Raoul