SC - Apology

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Mar 17 11:09:23 PST 2000

What I did a few years ago as a merchant was offer a free gift (something I
had previously selected) and advertised that in the Pennsic Newspaper.  I
found out what the token number was up to that day and just made up a token
number and printed it with the notice: "If 4579 is your Pennsic Token number,
please come by Space #&% and receive your free gift."  Every "winner", no
matter what their age, showed up to get their gift.   :-)

About the below comment:  I (personally) think that gate crashers and many
shoplifters have enough funds to get in or buy what they want. Also most
incentives will not stop them from "sneaking" in.  It is the "thrill" to do
what they are not supposed to do, for a moment, a day or the whole event.
Most people that really want to get in have friends that can pitch in and
pool the funds for the admission cost.  (Now we are not talking about people
who can't afford to attend because the TOTAL cost is too much.  i.e.
transportation getting there, time-off from work, food, stuff you have to buy
from merchants 'cause they don't sell that at home, a robot to take your
place so your spouse won't know your gone, etc.)

Having a neat incentive like you suggest will be just for the "good guys"...
and it is the "not-good guys" that are sneaking in.  And no matter what you
offer they won't bite.  IMHO

Rayne

In a message dated 3/17/00 12:09:02 PM Central Standard Time,