SC - Evolution of food-genetics of food

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sat Mar 18 02:54:21 PST 2000

In a message dated 03/17/2000 5:07:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ekoogler at chesapeake.net writes:

> I guess the question I have that I'd like to ask is if anyone knows
anything about an
> Italian liquor called Limoncello.  I found the recipe in a recent Saveur
magazine.
> The only information there (beyond the recipe) was that it is a
traditiional liquor from
> Amalfi.  The ingredients are all pretty much period, so I suspect it may be
a period
> drink.  It is really good, and it would be great if I could find
documentation for it.
> Any suggestions?

Minowara-gozen-sama

Aloha!  ::grin:: Welcome to the list.

Someone spoke of Limoncello on the list a while back during a discussion of
cordials so hopefully they will surface again, but in the mean time, you may
wish to check on a book called Naples at Table: Cooking in Campania by Arthur
Schwartz. Unfortunately I don't remember if he had a documentable source for
it, but he did have some interesting info about the drink and a recipe for it
that you could have a peek at. I saw the book in a store in Bailey's
Crossroads before I left Atlantia, but its also listed on Amazon.com so its
most likely still available. I'll send you separately the recipe someone
posted on the list at that time, though for some idiot reason, I don't have
their name or email attached to the copy. I hate it when that happens...

Cheers!

Meghan