SC - Competition entry

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sat Mar 18 08:54:45 PST 2000

I know that cooking with allergies in mind can really put serious limitations on a
feast.  Usually I cook what I want, given the theme of a feast, publishing the list
of ingredients and posting it at the "Troll" and on the kitchen door.  However,
special events do happen.  Last fall, I had the honor cooking the Coronation Feast
for Their Atlantian Majesties.  Her Majesty is very allergic to nuts, so I got to
do a 14th century feast (at Their request) without nuts of any sort.  I did break
down at put some honeyed walnuts on the desert table, but it was kind of obvious
that that's what they were!  I think cooking to an individual's allergy is
warranted in a case like this where the guests of honor have a known allergy.

Kiri