SC - Philosophy and Religion Lists

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sat Mar 18 14:28:38 PST 2000

There is already a period religion list.  If no one else has the address,
I can ask Padraig O'Seachnasaigh, Molli.  I know he's on it.  I believe
there is also a Medieval Philosophy list, if that's more your bent.  I'm
not saying don't start your own lists, but there are already folks out
there having these discussions, perhaps you might want to join them?
Christianna
On Sat, 18 Mar 2000 12:31:23 EST Kekilpenny at aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 3/18/00 11:48:52 AM EST, mmkl at indy.net writes:
>
> << If there is enough interest I would like to set up a little
> discussion
>  list on these subjects and medieval philosophy and how we as
> medievalist
>  might better understand the influence on our period.
>   >>

> That would be very interesting. I for one would like to see that.
>
> A discussion on religion does "spark" flames, it always will. I want
> to say
> something profound right now but spring as sprung in my head and
> I'm having
> a hard time just putting this down. If we can remove our passions
> from a
> discussion on religion, and talk about the impact of individuals,
> groups,
> etc. it might give us a better look at our past as well as what is
> going on
> today.  Gosh I hope that makes sense.
>
> Hey, make the list, I'll come.
>
> Molli