SC - Period recipes/Adapting recipes Was: Lady Seaton's Project

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Mar 18 20:58:03 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/18/00 5:56:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
CorwynWdwd at aol.com writes:

<< In the laboratory tests, monarchs fed milkweed leaves dusted with
so-called
 transformed pollen from a Bt-corn hybrid ate less, grew more slowly and
 suffered a higher mortality rate, the researchers report.  >>

I would be interested to know how much more pollen was dusted on the leaves
than would have occurred naturally and also how many caterpillars would have
died naturally from predators or illness without the additional dusting.
Scientists tend to conduct their 'proofs' with experiments that would never
occur naturally. For instance, Saccharin was fed to rats at a rate that would
have equaled human beings drinking 100 cans of soda a day from the day they
were born until they died a natural death to prove it causes cancer.
Cigarettes were smoked by dogs at a rate that would be the equivalent of 20
packs a day for humans to prove they caused cancer. I can't say that I except
any scientific fact finding study that does not subject the subject to
natural or predictable conditions. Therefore, I find this study to be
sensationalist and without any valid grounds barring further information
including a transcript of the entire study and the basis for the pronounced
'problems'.

Ras