SC - Reuses for leftover worms

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Mar 19 12:13:46 PST 2000

Murkiel skrev:

>I never believed much of the "what you eat effects your breast milk" until
> had a highly garlicky dish and pumped out breast milk later.  You could
> smell the garlic in it.  Luckily Dragan eats anything and it didn't even
> phase him.

Actually, when you're thinking of this, you need to keep in mind that milk
glands are actually highly modified sweat glands, so that anything that
affects your body odor (and garlic is notorious for this) will affect your
beast milk.

Also, garlic itself is noted for ita ability to soothe upset stomachs. The
reason it has the opposite effect on some people is because the green shoots
in some of the cloves contain a mild toxin to which some people are
sensitive, and which can develop into an allergic reaction. I have
successfully fed highly garlicked dishes to people who thought they were
allergic to garlic, but loved it none the less, by carefully removing those
shoots and preparing the dish as normal.

And yes, by the way, the people who tried the dishes knew exactly what they
were doing, or do you really think I'd try to get away with "sneaking"
garlic into a dish?

;-)

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous