SC - "Harpestraeng"

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun Mar 19 15:18:09 PST 2000

I don't know that the lack of a warning label designates a plant as
nonpoisonous. They certainly aren't lethal in dosages you'd expect. Most of
the sources I've been able to put my hands on since early this morning
designate the period marigold  (Calendula officinalis) as the marigold to be
used in herbal preparations, and cooking. The only mention of French marigold
(Tagetes patula) and African marigold (Tagetes erecta) are for companion
planting to repel insects and for dyestuff. While there were no obvious
warnings put forward, I tend to want to err on the side of caution. AFAIK,
they aren't edible. Your mileage may vary.

Corwyn