SC - OOP- Recipe for Tandori chicken offered

RichSCA at aol.com RichSCA at aol.com
Mon Mar 20 08:39:25 PST 2000

This is the only recipe that I have access to here in the RV  :-)

Tandoori  Murgi (Yoghurt Marinated Chicken)
From:  Larouse Treasury of Country Cooking

Preparation Time:  20 minutes
Chicken Marinates - 24 hours
Cooking Time:  1 1/4 hours

Ingredients:

One  3-pound roasting chicken

Marinade:

1 cup plain yoghurt
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp ginger
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
1 Tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garam masala (optional)
salt (to taste)
freshly ground pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Garnish:

1 onion, sliced
1 lemon or lime, quartered

Cooking instruction:

1 - Quarter and skin the chicken, Reserve.

2 - In a large bowl, combine yoghurt, garlic, ginger, onion, lemon (or lime)
juice, coriander, turmeric, cumin, garam masala, salt, pepper and oil.

3 - Cut several deep slits (nearly to the bone) in each piece of chicken,
then, throroughly rub with marinate.  Place chicken in marinate and
refrigerate for at least 24 hours, turning occasionally.

4 - Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

5 - Transfer chicken pieces to a greased rack in a baking pan. Baste chicken
pieces with marinate and roast until tender, about 1 1/4 hours (Baste
occasionally during roasting)

6 - To serve, arrange chicken pieces on a heated platter and garnish with
onion rings and lemon or lime slices.

Serves 2-4

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Rayne
Meridies

In a message dated 3/20/00 10:12:42 AM Central Standard Time,