SC - Crown Tourney feast

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Mon Mar 20 09:00:55 PST 2000

Another suggestion.  You can alway freeze some of the extra egg yolks (if you
feel "froggy") rather than throw them away. This is easily done by dropping
one egg yolk into each section of an ice cube tray.  Unfortunately in your
case, this will take up about 15 ice cube trays  :-)    Or you can freeze
them in larger quantities (say 3-4 in a custard cup).  Just label how many
you put into each.   Remember to date the frozen product and note that
"thawed egg yolks" tend to be grainy so don't use them in anything delicate
like homemade mayonnaise or custards.

Another idea is that it is the Yolks that contain all the "terrible" stuff
for people.  BUT egg yolks are wonderful for most dogs.   Scramble them up
and give them a pet lover to use.

Rayne

In a message dated 3/20/00 10:38:59 AM Central Standard Time,