SC - Reuses for leftover worms

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 20 12:56:14 PST 2000

- --=====================_217073288==_.ALT

At 05:31 PM 3/20/00 +0100,Par Leijonhufvud said something like:

>I recently heard the notion that (this was for camp cooking) "if you are
>short on time you may have to forgo period in favour of quick". Assuming
>that evil things like instant rice/pasta and Ramen noodles are banned by
>definition, and that I do take shortcuts like buying pasta and
>using stock cubes, anyone who can offer some comments or arguments?
>
>/UlfR
>  every now and then called "period $BAD_GUY"
>
>--
>Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
>Broken? Hell no! Uniquely implemented.

How about period minute rice? aka couscous?
Boil water, turn off heat/remove from heat, stir in couscous, let sit 5
minutes, fluff, serve. (add interesting bits to the water before it boils)

Yes, much of the couscous you find now is that evil non-period semolina
stuff, but you can also find whole-wheat, and even flavored whole-wheat stuff.

It could be considered a compromise still, but a compromise that is far
less glaring than Top Ramen Noodles.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.
- --=====================_217073288==_.ALT

At 05:31 PM 3/20/00 +0100,Par Leijonhufvud said something like:<br>
camp cooking) "if you are<br>
short on time you may have to forgo period in favour of quick".
Assuming<br>
that evil things like instant rice/pasta and Ramen noodles are banned
by<br>
definition, and that I do take shortcuts like buying pasta and<br>
using stock cubes, anyone who can offer some comments or arguments?
/UlfR<br>
 every now and then called "period $BAD_GUY"<br>
- -- <br>
Par
Leijonhufvud
parlei at algonet.se<br>
Broken? Hell no! Uniquely implemented. <br>
How about period minute rice? aka couscous?<br>
Boil water, turn off heat/remove from heat, stir in couscous, let sit 5
minutes, fluff, serve. (add interesting bits to the water before it
boils)<br>
Yes, much of the couscous you find now is that evil non-period semolina
stuff, but you can also find whole-wheat, and even flavored whole-wheat
stuff. <br>
It <u>could</u> be considered a compromise still, but a compromise that
is far less glaring than Top Ramen Noodles.<br>
Regards,<br>
Maggie MacD.</html>