SC - OOP- Recipe for Tandori chicken?

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Mon Mar 20 13:23:07 PST 2000

Ras rote:
>You know, folks, you have been on this worm bit for quite some time. I am
>appalled that there has not been any actual recipes posted for this tasty
>tidbit. There is an annual nightcrawler cook-off. Why all the contentless
>post and no recipes?

Tasty? In my experience they didn't have a particularly strong
flavor. Of course it was a while back...

But NOT when i was a kid. No one ever dared me to eat a worm when i
was a child. So i dared myself as a adult.

I would hesitate to do it again. Somehow worms arouse my sympathy
(seriously, no joke). There's something so, well, so naked, so
vulnerable about them. No exoskeleton, no endoskeleton, no camper
shell...

And speaking of a lack of camper shells, in a book by the French
surrealist author Boris Vian, the children who are the main
characters eat blue slugs and fly. But in deference to 'Lainie, i
haven't eaten any slugs lately...

So, Lord Ras, what would you recommend as a method of serving worms?

Is there any culture within the bounds of the SCA in which worms
would have been eaten?

Gee, so close to Pesach and Easter, and we're talking about... worms?!?!

Anahita al-shazhiyya