SC - Re: 12th C Anglo Norman ravioli, "Harpestraeng"+ ftp

Bronwynmgn@aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Mar 20 16:03:11 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/20/2000 11:32:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
parlei at algonet.se writes:

<< Assuming
 that evil things like instant rice/pasta and Ramen noodles are banned by
 definition, and that I do take shortcuts like buying pasta and
 using stock cubes, anyone who can offer some comments or arguments? >>

When I need quick hot food while camping, I use canned broth and dried pasta
and dried pre-ground spices to make macrows or losyns.  I usually do shred my
own cheese, though :-)  If I made my own broth and canned it, I'd use that;
using the modern canned stuff, I just assume that someone else canned it for
me.  And other than cooking time, is fresh pasta much different than dried
pasta (serious question; to my knowledge, I have never had fresh pasta)?

Brangwayna Morgan