SC - Book on Cordials?

Thomas Gloning gloning at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE
Mon Mar 20 18:11:08 PST 2000

Bruce the Unwary MKA Bruce Staples wrote:
>     I am indeed a newcomer to the list and what I expected is exactly what the
>good Lady explained  above, a place where I could share my fondness for period
>cookery with like minded gentles. Instead I found a personal forum
>which a select
>  group of people are using as basically a chat line for their own
>use. Like her I am
>wondering what I signed up for...this list is doing little more than
>cluttering up my
>up my mailbox. As a SCAdian maybe I expected too much in terms of the
>  behaviour of people on this list.

Greetings, Bruce:

Try to hang in there. Many lists briefly degenerate into personal
contention, but that doesn't mean that's the general tenor of the
list. This is rare on this list. Although some topics promote heated
discussions, they are rarely ad hominem.

This is, however, a high traffic list. The folks who post here are
generally very knowledgeable, very willing to help, delight in
pondering over uncertain issues, thrilled to discover new cuisines
and recipe sources, happy to share, and, well, highly opinionated,
which doesn't bother me. I should hope we all have opinions and can
express them, albeit politely.

Just toss the messages in the thread you find undesirable into the
trash and read the other posts.

Most of the time people on this list is not only post detailed
information and thoughtful and though-provoking commentary, but quite
often exhibit a, dare i say, delectable sense of humor.

Yours for better living through kitchen chemistry,
Anahita al-shazhiyya