SC - RE:Birthdays and Daffy Dills

Mbatmantis@aol.com Mbatmantis at aol.com
Tue Mar 21 08:54:01 PST 2000

Also in the part of the south I moved to.  Got to share this story...

I was raised in Arizona where, in our house, it was breakfast, lunch and
dinner (except for Sunday afternoon Supper).  I moved to Georgia when I had
just gotten married.  The husband was away and my Mother-in-Law called and
invited me to Dinner.  I asked if I could bring anything.  She said sure -
stop by and pick up some rolls.

Well, you should have been there when I arrived at about 5:30 and learned
that "dinner" had been at noon (and I misseed it) and I had just arrived in
time for Supper - which they were going out for. :-(    The new MIL was not
to please with me for a while, but we all got over it.  From then on, I find
out the EXACT time I should be somewhere and never take it for granted that
we are on the same sheet of music.

I also learned new ways of telling time as in:  dawn (5:00), early morning
(7:00), late morning (9:00), noon (12:00), afternoon (2:00), mid-day (3:00),
later afternoon (5:00), early evening (6:00), dusk (7:00) evening (after
dusk), night (during dark).   Just give me a clock - period or not!!!

Rayne

In a message dated 3/21/00 10:27:30 AM Central Standard Time,