SC - German Spa:etzle,

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 01:38:13 PST 2000

At 12:01 PM -0500 3/22/00, BSmif76308 at aol.com wrote:
>Greeting,
>
>I was doing a feast and was looking for some recipes.  I have the recipes for
>the main part of the feast but I haven't found any period recipes for the
>deserts I want to serve.  The deserts I am interested in are Frangipani,
>Macaroons, Milan Cakes or Flavored Ice.  If anyone has any suggestions where
>I could find them please let me know.  Thank you for your time.

Do you have reason to believe that any of those are period? If you
have an actual period reference, someone might be able to point you
at a period cookbook from the appropriate time and place, and you
could look through it for your recipe.

If, on the other hand, these are modern recipes that you think might
conceivably be period, you  may find that looking through period
cookbooks for period recipes you like is more productive than
starting with a modern recipe and searching until you find it in a
period cookbook. The latter procedure is rather like finding a
Chinese restaurant by first picking an address at random, then
looking through the listing of Chinese cookbooks in the yellow pages
to see if any of them happen to be at that address.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/